APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program
For interest in future courses, contact Dorothy Klemetson here
Dates: May 30-31, 2020
Registration Deadline: April 22, 2019
- Registrants may be added after this deadline for additional fees – contact Course Coordinator
PIMA Medical Institute Northgate
9709 3rd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Cynthia Robinson, PT, PhD
Times: 7:30 registration, 8 AM – 5 PM class
Total Hours: 16 contact hours (1.6 CEU’s) for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants with award of the CI Credential; health care providers from other professions are eligible to receive 12 contact hours (1.2 CEU’s),* but may not be awarded the CI Credential.
Cost: $180 APTA members/$270 APTA non-members/Other Providers
TAI: $150 APTA members/$240 APTA non-members/Other Providers
Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (CCIP) Overview
This voluntary program is designed primarily for people interested in or involved with clinical education (clinical instructors [CIs], center coordinators of clinical education [CCCEs], academic coordinators of clinical education [ACCEs]) and is recognized by APTA as a Clinical Instructor (CI) Education and Credentialing Program.
The program was developed through a grant funded by APTA under the direction of principal investigator Michael J Emery, PT, EdD, with co-investigators Nancy Peatman, PT, MEd, and Lynn Foord, PT, MS, MEd, and with materials used by the New England Consortium of Academic Coordinators of Clinical Education.
The program addresses issues of:
- planning and preparing for physical therapy students during their clinical education experiences
- developing learning experiences
- supporting ongoing learning through questioning and effective feedback
- developing skills of performance evaluation
- identifying and managing students with exceptional situations
- identifying legal implications for clinical educators, including issues presented by ADA legislation