Massage is a powerful tool for both the athlete and the non-athlete. Any athlete can benefit from massage, and it is most important for massage to fit the athlete’s need and training plan. Athletes tend to know their bodies very well, and it’s easier for an athlete therapist to understand the muscular need of any sport. An athlete can benefit substantially from the correct massage, appropriately matched with their particular training cycle. For all sports, to train effectively, you need the right tools to succeed and massage should be one of those tools. Whether you are training for the Olympics or your first 5k, use massage as a recovery tool and allow it to help you reach your athletic goals.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Decreased Dependency on Medication
- Improved Recovery Time
- Improved Return to Work Rate
- Reduced Recovery Time for Athletes
- Improved Joint Range of Motion
- Reduced Muscle Spasms and Cramping
- Reduced Lumbar Pain with Pregnancy
Meet Our Massage Therapist
Kurt Marion, LMT
Born in Indiana, raised in Wisconsin, Kurt spent his after college years racing his bike and trying to find himself. Through his wife’s prompting, he started at a massage school in Colorado Springs, CO, and loved it. Making his way west he met up with Dave, and has been with PACE since the beginning.
- the ACTIVE body
- Sports Massage, treatment-based interaction
- Utilizes Myofascial, Gua Sha, and Neuro-Muscular techniques
- BS, Sociology, UW-Whitewater
- Degree, Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy
For questions or to reach Kurt, contact him at: [email protected]
For more information about massage therapy services offered by Kurt, click here.
**Kurt is an Independent Service Partner.