- 1988 graduate of the Physical Therapy program at the University of Washington
- Jim has done extended study and earned his COMT (Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist) from the North American Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy in 1997
- Accepted as a fellow in The American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT) in 2000
- Board certified in orthopedics (OCS) through the American Physical Therapy Association
- Certified athletic trainer (ATC) through the National Athletic Trainers Association
Jim has worked with high school, college, and professional athletes, as well as several dance groups as at ATC. Areas of special interest include treatment of the spine, treatment of injured athletes, and biomechanical analysis of the lower extremity.