Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Restore strength and motion
- Individualized treatment plans
- Improving functional skills
- Getting you back to life
Orthopedic Physical Therapy is the core of our practice and represents the majority of the services we offer. Physical Therapy, provided by a licensed Physical Therapist (PT), is a medical specialty that focuses on the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular dysfunction. Physical Therapists specialize in anatomy and physiology and are experts in understanding how movement, posture, and function affect the wellness of an individual.
What is Orthopedic Physical Therapy?
It is normal for our bodies to need healing hands and coaching to get the most out of life. Physical Therapy often helps by means of non-invasive treatment of orthopedic conditions that can cause pain, decreased strength, decreased range of motion, or swelling. Our physical therapists are orthopedic specialists and experts in the evaluation, diagnosis, management, and treatment of injuries and disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system (muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons). Through the development of a goal-oriented, hands-on, and individualized treatment plan, our goal is to help return you to your daily living activities and previous level of function.
Treatment may include:
Manual therapy (learn more)
- Soft-tissue mobilization
- Joint mobilization/manipulation
- Trigger point release
- Strengthening to improve joint stability and muscle function
- Stretching to improve flexibility and range of motion
- Postural re-education and training
- Balance/coordination training
- Functional training to improve activities such as walking, standing, bending, squatting, and/or climbing stairs
- Sport-specific skill training
- Understanding condition
- Understanding body mechanics
- Preventing injury or re-injury
- Performing daily tasks safely
- Home exercise instruction while seeking physical therapy
- Home exercise instruction once discharged from physical therapy
- Pain management
- Electrical Stimulation
You have a choice where you receive physical therapy, and we want to become your physical therapy provider of choice. Your musculoskeletal health is a key component to your quality of life, and as your physical therapist we are committed to providing relief from injury as well as preventing further injury and promoting overall wellness.
Direct access to your physical therapist is your right, and you are welcome to come in for an evaluation and treatment without a physician’s referral. The benefits of this are immediate evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for your musculoskeletal needs. Many insurance plans cover direct access, but not all. We are preferred providers for most insurance plans and are happy to verify your benefits and discuss your payment options prior to scheduling an appointment.
*Some locations and insurance may require prior authorization or a physicians referral. Please contact your preferred location to verify.