Pediatric physical therapy assists in the early detection of health problems, in addition to the treatment of a variety of injuries and disorders/diseases that affect the muscles, bones, and joints. Treatments of children from infancy through adolescence focus on improving gross and fine motor skills, balance and coordination, strength and endurance, and cognitive and sensory processing and integration.
How Physical Therapy Can Help Your Child:
- Thorough evaluation of your child’s strength, flexibility, coordination, and motor abilities
- Integrated treatment plan to maximize your child’s function while minimizing their discomfort
- Teamwork with parents, health care professionals, school professionals, coaches, and other community members
About Our Program
We understand the diverse needs of our pediatric patients. We specialize in pediatric orthopedic care and utilize fun and effective treatment strategies to maximize function and return kids to being kids. High school athletes account for an estimated 2 million orthopedic injuries annually. Our therapists provide sports injury prevention evaluations and can customize a home exercise program to maximize athletic performance and promote life-long play. Additionally, we have extensive experience treating injured young athletes utilizing progressive treatment strategies to speed recovery and prevent future re-injury. We use objective return-to-play criteria to promote a safe and pain-free return to sports for our pediatric patients.
Common Pediatric Conditions We Treat (may vary by location):
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease
- Patellofemoral Stress Syndrome
- IT Band
- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
- Growth Plate Fractures
- Orthopedic Sports Injuries
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Dysplasia
- Delayed Motor Skills
- Reflex Neurovascular Dystrophy
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Serial Casting
- Toe Walking
Start Your Recovery Today
New patient forms & information.
Keeping our youth athletes in the game.
Learn about injury prevention, performance enhancement, and getting young athletes back in the game!