Our Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Rehabilitation services are designed to help aid in the preparation and recovery of a surgical procedure to achieve an optimal outcome and return to function.
Our physical therapists will work in conjunction with you and your healthcare provider to support your post-operative recovery. Our pre-op services may include:
- Reduction of pain and inflammation
- Restore or maintain range of motion
- Assistive device instruction
- Managing patient expectations
- Understanding of post-surgical home exercise program
Post-Operative Rehabilitation Program:
Our Post-Operative Rehabilitation Program is designed to increase your range of motion, strength, and overall functional ability to get moving sooner and recover faster.
Goals of our program:
- Early Recovery Phase: Passive range of motion with expert joint mobilization to minimize risk of capsulitis.
- Intermediate Recovery Phase: Active assistance and active range of motion to facilitate scapula-humeral rhythm.
- Initial Strengthening Recovery Phase: Low-intesity/highrepetitions rotator cuff training and scapular stabilization.