ASTYM treatment is a rehabilitation treatment that provides a breakthrough in the management of industrial injuries. The System identifies and treats abnormalities within soft tissue, and the treatment results in rapid pain relief and improvement in function.
What can ASTYM treatment do for your company?
- Effectively treat cumulative trauma disorders and other injuries
- Decrease medical and non-medical costs
- Reduce lost and restricted days
- Keep workers on the job during the treatment process
- Decrease the need for surgeries
- Decrease the need for splints and braces
- Reduce injury recurrence
- Enhance employee satisfaction
- Resolve tough cases/claims
How does it work?
- Specially designed instruments are used non-invasively along the skin to identify and treat areas of dysfunctional tissue.
- The instruments stimulate remodeling and regeneration of soft tissue. Employees may experience transient soreness and/or bruising as the healing process occurs.
- A regimen of stretching and exercise guides the soft tissue remodeling in stronger, healthier patterns.
- The employee remains on the job, which provides the appropriate stresses necessary for optimal healing.
What’s different about ASTYM treatment?
- ASTYM treatment is a successful front-line therapy and is also effective when utilized after other approaches have failed.
- ASTYM treatment often allows workers to stay on their job without restrictions or splints.
- ASTYM treatment addresses the underlying cause and subsequent compensations from the disorders, not just the symptoms.
- ASTYM treatment helps the employee’s body successfully adapt to the demands of the job.
- Thousands of diagnosis-specific outcomes have been collected and provide guidelines for the number of therapy sessions and the probable outcome for each diagnosis.
- Clinical, scientific, and outcomes research document the effectiveness of ASTYM treatment.
- ASTYM treatment was pioneered by Thomas L. Sevier, MD and has been used by rehabilitation professionals since 1996.
- ASTYM treatment typically requires only 6-12 sessions (3-6 weeks).
- Employees are discharged from therapy with improved function, decreased pain and the knowledge of how to manage the physical stresses incurred on the job.
Measuring the impact
- An effective non-invasive treatment that results in reduced medical costs
- Employees can remain on the job during treatment, adding to further cost savings
- Fast and effective treatment, resulting in fewer employee lost work days
Resolving tough cases/claims
- A proven technique that has returned employees to full functions, even after they had been considered “failed cases”
Diagnoses that respond well to ASTYM treatment:
- Post-surgical scarring
- Post-traumatic fibrosis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lateral epicondylitis
- Medial epicondylitis
- DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis
- Trigger finger
- Wrist sprains
- Shoulder pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Chronic ankle sprains
- Achilles tendinitis
- Anterior knee pain
- Hip pain/trochanteric bursitis
- SI and low back pain
- Chronic tendinopathies
- Soft tissue changes associated with degenerative arthritis
More information and participating locations
For more information about how your industry or case management organization can benefit from ASTYM™ treatment, contact a Therapeutic Associates location near you.