Functional Capacity Evaluations by ErgoScience
Therapeutic Associates Physical Therapy – Keizer is excited to offer ErgoScience’s research based Functional Capacity Evaluation, Post Offer Screening Service, and Return-to-Work Screen!
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a comprehensive battery of performance-based tests that is used commonly to determine ability for work, activities of daily living or leisure activities. An FCE measures the ability of an individual to perform functional or work-related tasks and predicts the potential to sustain these tasks over an 8 hour day/40 hour week. Measurements of function from an FCE are used to make return-to-work (activity) decisions, disability determinations or to design rehabilitation plans.
Why Perform a FCE?
- Improve the likelihood that the patient will be safe in subsequent job task performance.
- Assist in modifying job demands through identification of functional decrements so that they may be resolved or worked around.
- Objectively measure work abilities and safe frequency of performance per the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Determine the presence and degree of disability.
What’s Different About ErgoScience’s FCE?
- The only research-developed and fully validated measurement tool available to accurately and objectively measure an individual’s physical capabilities.
- Patented scoring system determines an overall level of work, projecting performance for an 8-hour day and determining sincerity-of-effort.
- FCE can be adapted to be job specific or to a return-to-work screen.
- Proven track record of defensibility in court.